Move over Micro! Introducing a new treatment called Dermaplaning, if you love a Micro, you will love Dermaplaning!
Also known as epidermal levelling, or epi-blading, the treatment is a deep physical exfoliation.
It is an advanced facial treatment that scrapes away accumulated dead skin cells and vellus hairs aka “peach fuzz”, without downtime!
This exfoliating treatment can be used in conjunction with chemical peels, skin needling and or Omnilux and it immediately leaves the skin feeling smooth, supple and vibrant!
Epidermal levelling can be performed in all skin colours. It is especially beneficial for:
- Sensitive skins who are not suited to a microdermabrasion.
- Lightening uneven pigmented skin for a more even skin tone – we literally see some forms of pigmentation slough away!
- Mild acne and congestion
- Improving superficial acne scars
- Improving the appearance of large open pores,
- Improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Thickened (hyperkeratosis) skin, and
- prevention of ingrown hairs and shaving rash in men.
We do not perform this treatment on active pustular acne or rosacea.
It also provides the following benefits:
- Removal of dead skin cells
- Increases the rate of new cell turnover in the deeper levels of skin
- Stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin
- Increases the absorption of active skin care ingredients
Because vellus hairs are removed, make up will sit beautifully on the skin, making this a fantastic treatment prior to special occasions such as weddings (book 5-7 days prior).
$70 – Dermaplanning
$50 – when added to a skin needling treatment
$149 – Dermaplaning with Enzyme & LED
$179 – Dermaplaning with Enzyme, LED & brightening peel of mask
- Please let your therapist know if you are using any medications – topical or oral.
- Use a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer at least twice daily for a minimum of 7 days post treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for a minimum of 3 days post treatment.
- If you must be in the sun, apply SPF 30 or greater, reapply often, wear a wide brimmed hat, and seek shade when possible. Be careful of sun exposure and wear sunscreen daily for 2 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I have this treatment?
Dermaplaning is recommended every four to six weeks. Each time you get dermaplaned, you’re removing about three weeks’ worth of dead skin cells, so results will last up to 4 weeks. If you have a good daily maintenance you can prolong the results for up to 6 months!
Will the vellus hair grow back darker and thicker?
Many people are under the impression that shaving hair causes it to grow back thicker and darker, but that is actually not the case. Dermaplaning will not cause the vellus hair on your face to grow back thicker or darker, however as the hair grows out it may feel blunt, but when the hair completely falls out a new soft ended hair will grow back.
Dermaplanning is a quick and safe treatment that gently exfoliates the skin gently removing the outer layer of dead skin cells along with fine facial hair. This treatment can be performed in conjunction with facial treatments or on its own. It will leave the skin feeling soft supple smooth.